Sonoma Technical Race Clinic Overview
- Class Time: Learn approaches to training and racing strategies, race nutrition, goal setting, race selection, equipment.
- Swim/Bike/Run Training Workouts: Workouts will not be fitness draining, their focus will be on running posture, pedal stroke, swim technique and equipment fit.
- Transitions: We will discuss and practice transitions and transitions set up.
Detailed Agenda (subject to change)
Friday (Approx. 8-10 hours)
- 7:30-10:30am – Welcome & Bike Technique (outdoor ride) – Triathlon intro and philosophy. Bike skills & ride. (coffee and pastries served)
- 10:30-11am – Break – Morning nutrition break for athletes.
- 11-1pm – Swim Technique – 25m pool, swim stroke and efficiency. (ACAC – short 4.5 mile drive across town)
- 1-2pm – Lunch Break – Afternoon nutrition break for athletes.
- 2-4pm – Run Technique – cadence, posture, stride length. (trackwork)
- 4-5pm – Classroom instruction – Q & A.
Saturday (Approx. 8 hours)
- 8-10am – Cycling Climbing – approach, shifting and cadence (outdoor ride)
- 10-11am – Break – Morning nutrition break for athletes.
- 11-1pm – Swim Tech Skills / Racing (Agua Caliente Aquatic Center)
- 1-2pm – Lunch Break – Afternoon nutrition break for athletes
- 2-3pm – Transitions – T2 practice; equipment needs and bike to run practice.
- 3-4pm – Race strategies, Q&A – prep for race day.
- 4-5pm – Meet at tasting room for pre-race discussion.
Sunday – Race Day: 7 hours
Race with Luc and team, having a personal coach set up and coach your race. Then Luc will debrief your race and provide professional feedback.
TENTATIVE RACE SCHEDULE:
- 5-6:00am – Meet at Highway 12 Winery to leave for race. 1-1.5 hour drive.
- 5-7:00am – Rack bike, check-in, set up transition and warm-up.
- 7-9am – RACE START!
- 12-1pm – Awards, wine picnic, race debrief with TriSonoma team.